The Department of Urology at Imperial Multispeciality Hospital, offers a wide range of services for urological diseases. The Consultants in the department are highly qualified and experienced in the latest techniques in the field including LASER surgery and minimally invasive techniques that enable a patient to return to their normal activity much quicker as compared to conventional techniques.
The department is supported by lab and diagnostic services such as radiology, pathology, microbiology and other laboratory services. The hospital is equipped with modern facilities and latest equipment to treat all urological disorders. This enables the team to provide comprehensive uro-oncology, reconstructive urology and pediatric urology services. They also provide andrology services like penile implants and male infertility treatment. The urology department offers round the clock emergency services for urinary obstruction, infection, urological trauma and other emergencies.
Treatments and Procedures
- Pediatric urology
- Reconstructive urology like urethroplasty and pyeloplasty
- Andrology procedures like testicular biopsy (percutaneous and open), microsurgical varicocelectomy, vaso- vasostomy (vasectomy reversal) and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Male sexual health services
- Neuro-urology procedures like uroflowmetry and urodynamic study
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Surgery)
- URS (Ureterorenoscopy)
- Flexible URS with Laser Lithotripsy (RIRS –Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery)
- Laparoscopic stone removal
Those at risk of developing end stage renal failure include persons with:
- Symptoms of kidney disease
- Hypertension that is difficult to control
- Family history of kidney disease, diabetes and hypertension
- Chronic tobacco consumption, obesity and / or elderly
- Chronic intake of pain relievers, e.g. nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, naproxen.
- Congenital defect of urinary tract