The Department of Nephrology at Imperial Multispeciality Hospital offers a variety of options for those afflicted by renal diseases. The team of consultants is highly qualified and experienced, having trained at premier institutions in India and abroad. They provide total solutions to renal diseases.
The mission of the team is to provide state-of-the art services using evidence-based guidelines and international protocols, at an affordable cost.
Treatments and Procedures
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Reno vascular hypertension
- Collagen disorders involving the kidneys
- CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) for critically ill patients requiring dialysis
- Hemodialysis for acute and chronic renal failure patients, drug overuse etc
- Short term dialysis prior to transplantation
- Plasmapheresis for renal or non-renal cases
- Rigorous precautions are taken with patients suffering from Hepatitis B and C and dialysis for such patients is done on separate machines
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) for dialysis done at home
Some of the most common kidney conditions are:
- Kidney stones- Hardening of minerals in the kidney as stones.
- Chronic kidney diseases- The long-term presence of any dysfunction does not improve over time.
- UTI- Bacterial infections in the urinary organs
- Glomerulonephritis- Inflammation of the glomeruli, the tiny organelle inside the kidney that purifies the blood.
- Polycystic kidney disease- A genetic disorder results in the growth of cysts in the kidney that can eventually cause kidney failure.